Saturday, April 23, 2011

Step Right Up... Elliv 2011 is COMING!!

It's that time again.
A time that marks the end of a year at Cedarville.
A time that correlates with the anniversary of the start of my blog.

A time to STEP RIGHT UP!

Check out the PROMO!


Elliv is by far one of my favorite Cedar-isms, and I can honestly say the event was the origin of some of my favorite memories, and closest friends over my 4 years at the 'Ville.

For those of you who are not aware, ELLIV (Ville backwards) is the end-of-the-year award show bash that shines light on student accomplishments of the year past, relieves the best and funniest campus memories, and gives a stage (literally) to student musical, acting, and dance talent.

During my 4 years as a student at the Ville, I had the great opportunity to be involved with the show in several avenues... performer, choreographer, casting, talent coordinator etc. It would have been sad in graduating last year knowing that my ELLIV experience was over, but I knew last spring that I would be around to choreograph the show this year, so that eased the pain of walking across that graduation stage.


This year's show has a lot of potential and will certainly be a night of entertainment. And all of that begins with the night's theme "Step Right Up," a request given to accompany a flash back in time to those days of vintage circus fun and fabulous muted colors.

I can't give too many details just yet as the nature of the event includes secrets and surprises at every turn, but I can tell you make sure you get to the pre-show. We'll see how it goes, but in my 5 years involved in the show I think this is the most unique, exciting pre-show and I very much anticipate the time before the lights hit the stage.

As for the show itself, there are some great song choices, and although I haven't seen every musical act go through checks at this point, what I've seen is good. What I can speak on though is the dance/choreography since I've been working with dancers virtually every night since the first week in February. At this point, I can say this group and these dance numbers have the potential to be the strongest showing of dance at ELLIV ever. I got some great talent with great attitudes and I really pushed them this year choreography wise. I didn't just give moves to suffice some movement on stage, these kids are gettin' worked.

From hip hop, lyrical hop hop, jive/swing, ballet, lyrical, African and more there is no lack of variety and impressive moments coming from these kids.

If you are at Cedarville and haven't gotten your tickets yet... DO IT!
If you are an alum, will be in the area and/or just enjoy some sweet moves... GET A TICKET!
They are $16/$13 for lower front and lower back/balcony respectively.
Still don't believe ELLIV is awesome? Check out some vids from years past HERE!

And we'll see ya in the center ring April 30th!




(W2JWRBMLOAPMDSBSHHSTLBATYBMBMF2=Elliv2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment