Friday, April 1, 2011

My newest celeb friends...


This week I got a call for my first promo job from my new talent agency connection, PC Goenner. As I confirmed the job, I also was told they needed another person. Knowing my newly open-schedule-toting friend Paul would be available, I gave him a call and signed him on as well.

As we traveled to Milford (right outside of Cinci) Thursday afternoon we didn't really know many details about the promo. All we knew is that it had something to do with State Farm, and we had received a text from the promoted mentioning something about CARS 2.

When Paul and I arrived, we saw a huge blow-up obstacle course, some game stations, giveaways etc. It seemed pretty cool... until.... from the huge semi.....we saw.... LIGHTNING MCQUEEN! A life-sized, fully accurate remote control LIGHTNING!!! Turns out the cars were in the opening day parade for the Cincinnati Reds and were now setting up at our event.



From there, another gorgeous blue car pulled out. I would later learn this new friend was Finn McMissile, a British secret agent from the new movie. Score.


As the eleven of us from the agency were standing awaiting instruction, all I could think was "Mater. Mater. Mater. PLEASE let there be Mater." Well, as I was learning from one of the girls what the life of a "professional princess" looks like, my wish came true in the form of a rusty clunk of junk rolling out of the truck. MATERRRRR!!!!


We were just a little exciteddddd...


For 4.5 hours we welcomed in hundreds of fans to check out the cars, play some games, and get some free stuff. Paul spent time in the obstacle course ensuring the small kiddies could make it up the immense mountain ( the challenge's pinnacle if you will...), and I spent the time working the cameras taking pics of people young and old, all filled with excitement to see their friends of the screen come to life.

Greatest thing? Well, other than talking to the man who constructed the cars and hearing all it entailed (awesome...), it was so funny to watch people stand in front of the cars to pose, the cars "randomly" revving up, and intensely scaring them. We saw many a bawling child. What's funny is that I later learned a few crew members had hand-held controls to make the vehicles rev. Haha... now THATS a fun job!








1 comment:

  1. I'm so jealous and my 2 1/2 yr old nephews would be even MORE jealous you got to see the Car-Cars ;)

    ReplyDelete