Saturday, May 28, 2011

"Hi, P.C.-Goenner Talent Agency, this is Katy..."

... I'm gonna need to get used to that.

You see, after meeting a P.C.-Goenner talent agent back in March, we started a conversation that transitioned from me being interested in being represented by the agency, to being made aware of a potential intern position in Cinci, to being offered a full-time job as a talent agent running the Columbus branch of the company.


Although it seemed to drag on a bit through the months as I was unsure what was to come of this new connection, it really has hit me fast that I am about to springboard into a new career, a new lifestyle, and that I will be spending a good amount of my time outside the cornfields of Cedarville :-)

What will I be doing exactly? Well, P.C.-Goenner is a talent agency that has been around for 30 years, and currently has offices in Cincinnati, Dayton, and Columbus. The company has around 700 or so "talents" signed to the agency and we as agents coordinate them with promotions, commercials, modeling opportunities, movies etc. etc. etc..

Up in Columbus, I specifically work with a large number of the talents (who I am working on getting to know better), and by knowing them and their strengths, I get to coordinate auditions for when we receive jobs from clients like Bob Evans, Safe Auto, Columbus Zoo, Kings Island, Swiffer, major motion pictures etc.

When a job comes though, I get to decide who of my talent fits the description of what they are looking for, I coordinate them to come to the office where I will direct, encourage, and record their auditions, to then edit them, sending them to the clients where we hope many of them will be booked :-)

In addition to looking forward to getting to know and direct and encourage the talent that is already in place, I am excited to get to have eyes open for new talent at showcases and such, as well as interview and welcome them in.

All in all, I am excited for the change, excited to be doing something I think I will be great at, and something I think I truly will enjoy.

I'll have to get you guys my business card so you can give me a call and hear "Hi, P.C.-Goenner Talent Agency, this is Katy..." :-)

1 comment:

  1. thats SO exciting katy! you are perfect for that job!

    ReplyDelete