Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 Word of the Year:

For those of you who know me well, you know I tend to forego traditional New Year's Resolutions and lean toward choosing a word that will hopefully encompass my plans, or act as an encouragement throughout the year. Past years have included words like emancipation, serendipity, escapade, indomitability, etc. As 2011 approached, I said goodbye to sanguine, and hello to efficacious.

Efficacious: of having the desired result or effective as a means, measure, remedy, etc.

As I was looking to 2011, I realized that this is my first, complete "adult" year. Having graduated in May from Cedarville University, I am seeing how the latter part of the year was a bridge, a transition if you will. In 2011, I am hoping to come to a point (a place, a job, a status... whatever) where I feel I have a purpose and I am using the gifts and passions God has given me.

As of right now, I have a few options. Do I stay plugged into Cedarville? Do I expand in teaching dance? Do I pursue performing? I just think... efficacious.

This year has the ability to help me get to that place of desire. The only thing I must work through? Deciding exactly what that is.


Thank you "In The Heights" for my current encouragement:
"The neighborhood salon
Doesn't pay me what I wanna
Be making but I don't mind
As I sweep the curb I can hear
Those turbo engines
Blazing a trail through the sky
I look up and think about the
Years gone by
But one day-I'm walking to JFK
And I'm gonna fly!
It won't be long now
Any day."

No comments:

Post a Comment