Sunday, January 9, 2011

The Juice is LOOSE!

How did y’all spend your Saturday night? I ventured out of my quaint, little village of Cedarville with my friend Charmaine to head to Coshocton, Ohio to see an OCW match.


What is OCW you ask? And why would I be there?


Well, OCW is Ohio Championship Wrestling and I was there because it was my brother’s debut match. And by my brother, I mean Juice Jennings, the blue ribbon rocker.


Ever since… ever… my brother, Anthony has LOVED wrestling. He grew up following WWF like it was his job. And when I say that, I mean like, we ALWAYS watched it, were constantly heading to Time Warner to get a box so we could watch Pay-Per-View events, and even went to several live events. In our Easter baskets, we loved our candy and all, but our favorite thing was seeing WWF tickets. True Story.


Anyway, starting in 4th grade he competed in wrestling at school up to his senior year when he was a state qualifier. In addition to that, in high school, my brother and a bunch of his friends started “ETW” Extreme Trampoline Wrestling and put on crazy events that hit backyards all over Stark County. It was crazy… but awesome.


Ok, back to the present. So Charmaine and I travel 2.5 hrs down some crazy, pitch-black-afraid-we’re-in-a-horror-movie back highways to reach this place in seemingly, the middle of nowhere.


When we got there, Char and I were trying to feel it out. Of course, having watched wrestling my entire life, I had an idea of what may be to come. Char on the other hand… haha…. Had quite an experience coming.




Enjoy the following videos.. you'll feel like you're there... minus the stench of sweat and delivered pizza.



Please direct your attention to the cheesy announcer.


Char's first glance at this world...


Then, who doesn't wish they had a grandfather with a dual-grey-braided-beard that adorned an ensemble of hot pink fringe shorts with "YOUR HERO" written on his bee-hind? Oh yah, that then suffered an extreme wedgie. I mean... I'm telling ya- classic entertainment, my weekend.


Then came JUICE!!




He blew into the ring making his debut and he pretty much tore up his scrawny, yet pregnant looking opponent.



Yah, I bet you wish your brother was as cool as mine.




1 comment: