Wednesday, January 26, 2011

My Take on the Globes that are Golden... (PART I)

If you are as pop-culture provoked and fashionably infused as I am, I'm sure you were glued to the TV as tightly as your kindergarten fingers were to that hideous macaroni-project.



But if you were doing anything else... (really? I mean, what else would you be doing?) then this recap blog is a must read to keep you up on the coffee shop gossip and water cooler chat.

As we pounce into awards season, there has been a lot of hubbub about newly released films i.e.

Black Swan



and The King's Speech.



But I found myself almost forgetting hard-hitters from earlier in the year like Inception and Shutter Island... two flicks of which I was quite a fan.


With that said, I was pretty excited to see how the night would shape up for my some of my faves. BUT, before that... HELLO! Red Carpet! I mean, c'mon... usually more drama occurs there than the soon-to-opened envelopes.


Let's just take a second to relive a few of my top frocks...

Who needs Tony, my dear. Single looks GOOD on you.


Hello Madame Catherine... must you always be so elegant?

I loved this green, one shoulder number... to think the voice of awkward Meg Griffin comes from this hottie.

Oh, and Modern Family's Julie Bowen...I'm always a fan of a lil chic cascading.


Let's hear it for the boy! Mmmm... Noah... I mean, Ryan Gosling :-)


Now for the fashion offenders...


I know Helena has this whole "quirky" thing going on... but... REALLY? I think Ke$ha may have looked more appropriate for the event.


Speaking of Ke$ha, she may have even shown up less wasted than host, Ricky Gervais.


In essence, I could have maybe liked this on another day, but just returning from New Year's Eve in NYC, she kinda looked like they used her to brush the streets after the celebration.

Oh January... Looks like you are trying to advocate for the Red Cross...or maybe trying to make yodeling overalls sexy. Either way... you look a hot mess.

Ok... now I know Anna ended up on both best and worst lists, but I must say... I didn't necessarily love the "snake-mid-shedding" look.


And Michelle. Sweetie... are you 5 or trying to nail the role of Jan Brady?

Never been a big fan of Miss JLH. I understand she may have just come from a fancy dinner, but why did you mimic your dress after the napkin decor?



There is your fashion recap... I'll be back with my quips on the winners and losers of the evening!

Any opinions on the red carpet garb?

No comments:

Post a Comment